What is my username/password?
Your login credentials are the same username and password that you use to log in to the main site. Contact us
if you forgot your login credentials or need help.
How do I update my contact information?
On your profile page, select the pencil icon next to Contact Details in the left column.
How do I control what information is visible in My Profile?
Navigate to your profile page, select the My Account tab and choose Privacy Settings from the drop-down menu. This will let you control what information is visible to others. After you’ve made changes, click Save Changes at the bottom of the page.
Contacts / Connections
How do I find other members?
in the main navigation bar. The Directory lets you search for other users based on:
- First and/or last name
- Company/institution name
- Email address
Click the Advanced Search tab to refine your search results by:
How do I add contacts to my contact list?
There are several ways to add contacts. When you perform a search in the Directory, you will see an Add as Contact button to the right of each person in your search results. Click this button to send a contact request. If you click through and view an individual’s profile, you can click the contact request link to the right of his or her profile picture.
Why should I add contacts to my contact list?
Creating this virtual address book makes it easy to send your contacts messages through the community site to stay in touch, ask questions or even build a referral network. Additionally, when you view another member’s profile, you’ll be able to see any contacts you have in common. You can also choose to let your contacts view certain demographics in your profile that others can't.
Communities / Discussions
What are communities?
Communities allow you to participate in discussions and share resources with other members.
What communities do I already belong to?
Go to Communities in the main navigation bar. Select My Communities to view the communities you belong to.
How do I join/subscribe to a community and the affiliated discussion group?
Click Communities in the main navigation and click All Communities to see a list of available communities. Click on the community that you wish to join and click Join. Choose a delivery option for posts (Real Time, Daily Digest or No Email).
How can I control the frequency and format of emails I receive?
Navigate to your profile and click the My Account
tab. Choose Community Notifications
from the drop-down menu and select your preferred subscription option: Real Time, Daily Digest, No Email.
For each discussion, you have the following delivery options:
- Real Time: sends an email every time a new message is posted.
- Daily Digest: sends one email to you each day, consolidating the posts from the previous day.
- No Email: allows you to be part of the group without having emails sent to you. You can still post and read others’ messages by logging into the community site.
How do I leave a community or unsubscribe from a discussion?
Go to your profile and click the My Account tab. Choose Community Notifications from the drop-down menu. Here, you will see a list of available communities and those to which you’ve subscribed. Select Leave Community under the Actions column for the discussions you wish to leave.
How do I respond to others’ posts?
To respond to a discussion post, navigate to the discussion post and click Reply to Discussion to send your message to the entire community. To send a message to the author of the post, select Reply to Sender (located in the Reply to Discussion drop-down). We recommend replying to the sender for simple comments like “me too” that add little value to the overall discussion; and replying to the entire community when you are sharing knowledge, experience or resources that others could benefit from.
How do I start a new discussion thread?
Go to Participate > Post a message. From an email (HTML version) for a particular discussion forum, you can use the Post Message link located at the top of the discussion email.
I’m having trouble viewing the HTML email messages. How do I fix this?
If images are not appearing, it is likely that your email system is set to suppress images. This should be something you can change in your security or viewing options. If you would rather receive text-based email, go to your profile page and click the My Account tab. Choose Community Notifications from the drop-down menu. Select the Plain Text format option for each of the discussions you are subscribed to.
Can I search for posts across all the communities?
Yes. Enter a keyword in the search bar located in the main navigation. To refine your search results, select Show Advanced Search.
How do I see a listing of all of the posts to a specific Community?
Locate the community you are interested in viewing from the appropriate communities page. Click through the community's landing page, then click the Discussions tab. If you see a post you’re interested in, click the subject line that will take you to the thread. Click Show Original Message at the bottom of the posts in a thread to display the original message that started that discussion.
Library / Resources
How do I find resources that may have been uploaded by other members?
If you know which library the resource might be located in, find the affiliated community via the All Communities page. Click through the community’s landing page, then click the Library tab. If you do not know where the resource might be, enter search terms in the main search box.
Can I search for specific file types?
Yes. Enter your desired keyword in the main search box. From the search results page, click Show Advanced Search and click Search for Specific File Types. This gives you the option to specify file type: Document, Image, Spreadsheet, etc.
How do the libraries get populated?
The libraries are populated in two ways:
1. When you include an attachment in a discussion post, the system automatically places it in the affiliated library.
2. You can also upload documents directly to a library by using the Share a File link found under Participate in the main navigation or the Create New Library Entry button on any community's library page. Library resources are not required to be associated with a discussion thread.
How do I upload a file?
Click Share a File
in the main navigation, or click Create New Library Entry
on any community landing page. To upload a document, follow these steps:
- Create a title for your document and include a description (optional).
- Select the library to which you’d like to upload it, and select a folder to which you’d like to upload it (optional).
- Choose an Entry Type (most will be Standard Files, but be cognizant of any copyright licensed material).
- Click Next to upload your file.
- Click Next to add to the file’s description and/or add tags to your file.
- Click Finish to post your library entry.
What kind of files can I upload?
The system supports dozens of file types including hyperlinks, standard files (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), webinars, images and YouTube videos.
What are the “tags” for?
Tags are great way to organize and categorize content. Tags can be applied to blogs, library entries, events, and glossary terms. Tagged items are prioritized in the search results.
Community Rules & Etiquette and Privacy Guidelines
Thank you for being part of our community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions should be directed to our member services department via the Contact Us link on this site.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact the member services department. In order to preserve an environment that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violate these rules.
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members; there’s no such thing as a stupid question.
- Respect the purpose of the community. Use the community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals instead of products or services that you provide. If you’ve found a product or service helpful, please share your experience with the group in a respectful way.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the discussion groups and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator.
- When posting items in our collaborative environment, please indicate if the item is not available for reuse. It’s also advisable to contact the owner of any material if you would like to reuse it.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating "noise."
Discussion Group Etiquette
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your settings.
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for the members of [Tenant.TenantFullName]. [Tenant.TenantFullName] is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by [Tenant.TenantFullName] or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall [Tenant.TenantFullName] be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants [Tenant.TenantFullName] and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
[Tenant.TenantFullName] does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of [Tenant.TenantFullName] we will take all appropriate action
[Tenant.TenantFullName] reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
With Whom Do We Share the Personal Information We Collect Through This Site:
Our Service Providers
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Remember The Risks Whenever You Use The Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies. For any other information please contact us using the Contact Us page.